July 17, 2018
For Immediate Release:
The Green Party of Ventura County endorses Rise for Climate, Jobs and Justice California. The march is scheduled September 8, 2018 in San Francisco, California. The march is taking place a few days prior to “The Global Climate Action Summit” at which mayors, local govements, business will be meeting in San Francisco on September 12-14, 2018. The goal of this summit is to showcase climate action taking place around the world, and inspire deeper commitments from each other and from national governments. It will be the largest gathering of its kind to take place, and we believe it’s an opportunity to pressure local leaders to step up and do much more to stop the fossil fuel industry and build 100% renewable energy for all.
The march is demanding Real Climate Leadership, which requires the following:
- Environmental, racial, and economic justice for all
- No new fossil fuel development and a managed decline of existing fossil fuel production
- A just transition to 100% renewable energy that protects workers, Indigenous peoples and frontline communities — both in these extractive industries and more broadly — and ensures family-sustaining jobs with the right to unionize, that are safe for people and the planet
- Just and equitable resiliency and recovery efforts led by the communities most impacted;
The Green Party of Ventura County endorses this march because it falls in line with a few of our 10 key values;
- Ecological wisdom.
- Social justice and Equal opportunity
- Community Based Economics and Economic Justice
- Respect for Diversity
- Personal and Global Responsibility
- Future Focus on Sustainability
These values represent some of what The Green Party of Ventura County stands for.
For more information on the Green Party of California:
For more information on the Rise for Climate, Jobs and Justice California: